Do you have a passion for the arts and a strong administrative background?
This may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Reporting to the Artistic Director, the Operations Manager has a shared responsibility for the overall management and operations of Kingston WritersFest Inc, including The Festival and its offseason events and activities.
As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for effectively managing the day-to-day operations of the WritersFest corporation and its staff, and specifically, overseeing budgeting, finance, and human resources management and customer care.
Kingston WritersFest is seeking candidates with the following attributes:
- Minimum 3 years financial and administrative practices and management, preferably in a cultural not-for-profit organization
- Knowledge of public and private-sector funding and fund development management and practices as well as federal and provincial legislation as it applies to the charitable sector
- Experience with working with a board of directors
- Skills in Human Resources management and contract negotiation
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Leadership skills, including effective team building and supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget development and monitoring, sound financial practices and capacity to make budgetary recommendations
- Competence in drafting operational policies and procedures
- Experience in creating and executing a sound operational plan, based on Board-approved Strategic Plan
- University degree or College diploma in finance, or a degree or diploma in a related field or commensurate professional experience
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Term: Permanent Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume electronically to email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is Monday, November 23, 2020, 5:30 pm EST. Please note that late applications will not be accepted.
For full details of the position, please follow this link.
Interviews for selected candidates will take place via Zoom during the week of November 30.