Authors@School is generously supported by: and
Dr. Samuel Robinson Foundation
We are very excited to welcome six wonderful Canadian authors for visits to 12 schools again this year! All elementary schools in the Algonquin & Lakeshore and Limestone school boards can apply for a presentation of excellent picture books, books on non-fiction topics, or a middle-grade novel.
These authors will visit schools on Wednesday, September 26 (*except where indicated otherwise):
- Pierre Collet-Derby presenting Barnaby Never Forgets to students in Grades SK – 3 (picture book).
- Bill Richardson presenting The Bunny Band to students in SK – 2 (picture book). *Bill is available for visits on Monday, October 1.
- Ruth Ohi presenting Fox and Squirrel Help Out to students in grades SK – 3 (picture book). *Ruth is available for visits on Tuesday, October 2.
- Jess Keating presenting Shark Lady to students in grades 2 – 5 (picture book biography).
- Erica Fyvie presenting Trash Revolution: Breaking the Waste Cycle to students in Grades 4 – 7 (non-fiction).
- Kenneth Oppel presenting Inkling to students in Grades 4 – 8 (novel).
Principals are invited to apply by email on behalf of their school. There is no charge to the school for this program. Ann-Maureen will notify successful schools during the week of June 4.
Email Ann-Maureen Owens, Education Manager, from Monday, May 28 to Wednesday, May 30. We cannot consider requests that come to us before May 28.